Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Baby Room Project

 I can't wait to show you guys what I did in the baby room!
I have had so much fun with this! 
First of all, I went to a garage sale and found three small frames for 75 cents! I repainted them, first in black and then in white. I sanded away some of the white to reveal some black once the paint was dry!
 They turned out so cute! Then I printed the first letter of each of my children's names in fun fonts on the computer and added them with a pretty cream backing to the frames. After that I hot glued some ribbon to the backs of the frames and here is my finished product! =) 
 Now this is where my idea gets really fun! I found this tree decal on Pinterest! This website has some other cool decals that you can put on the wall of a nursery or other places in your home. It's cool to get ideas or if you don't want to spend the time, just buy one! Check it out HERE!
I Drew and painted this tree in the corner of the room. 

Then I hung the little frames up like they are hanging off of the branches!
It's getting more and more exciting as I finish up these fun projects! Let's see what else I can accomplish in the next 11 weeks before his arrival! =)
   
Here are a few pictures of the room with the crib all finished! My mother in law made the sheets and crib skirt in fabric I chose, "White Tiger".  Also, you might notice that there is an added branch on the right side of the tree. I made his baby plaque and wanted it to hang on that side of the tree so I simply added another branch! =) That's the beauty of painting it yourself.... You can make the changes you want to fit your space!
   



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the tree! and the framed initials. What a great idea. Looking forward to any other projects you accomplish in these last weeks!
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU mia! I had so much fun doing it! Keaten loves her "swirly tree"! Perfect for a room shared by a boy and a girl!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10/12/2012

    How long would you say it took to paint the tree? Did you paint freehand or did you draw it on the wall first? Thanks! jcb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...